A Picture Postcard History of Wilbraham
Hearse House, believed to be one of two remaining hearse houses
in New England. Moved to the Old Meeting House
property over 100 years ago. Proceeds from sale of
cards to be used for restoration of the building.
Rich Hall, Wilbraham Academy, 1861. Left to
right. boarding house and the principal's house.
William M. Merrick, delineator.
Main Street, soon after 1870, Wilbraham, MA, looking North
from Mountain Road. Left to right: boarding house and
faculty residences on east (right) side of Main Street,
third Methodist Church, Old Academy and Binny Hall;
in the foreground, the second Methodist Meetinghouse
then used as a Wilbraham Academy building.
Milton Bradley, lithographers.
Main Street, in 1885, Wilbraham, MA, looking south
from Springfield Street. Drawing by Susan Bosch.
Covered bridge, over the Chicopee River,
North Wilbraham, MA. Built in 1767,
destroyed in the 1938 hurricane.
Drawing by Clifford Vincent, Jr..
Wilbraham Public Library, Boston Road.
on the present fire station property. Built in 1875,
demolished during the 1960s. Original pencil by
Wilbraham resident, Carl B. Sundberg.
The Deacon Noah Warriner Stone, 1797, in
Adams' Cemetery, Wilbraham MA.
Rubbing by Melvin G. Williams.
Postcards (package of 8 for $3.00) and
Hearse House Stationary ($5.00 per package)
can be obtained from The Atheneum Society of Wilbraham,
Old Meeting House, 450 Main Street,
Wilbraham, MA 01095.
Checks should be made out to the Old Meeting House.
If requested via mail, allow three weeks for delivery.
Tax included; packing and shipping extra.
For more information, call Morrie Hayn at (413) 596-4795.
The Atheneum Society of Wilbraham
Supported by People, not Taxes